Sunday, June 14, 2009

i hope i won't be there in the end when you come around.

The signs were all there. We all pretty much saw this coming it was just a question of how soon or when is enough. Another chapter in my life is finished, but I'd say this was the bulk of the book so far. I think in my head I knew it was getting closer to a time to call it off, but in my heart I wanted it to keep going. Okie and I decided that after losing 2 members if any of the 3 of us remaining were to quit that we'd call it all off. Josh quit. Just worn out of getting friends to fill in, it became more of a joke vacation trip then a goal to reach people. I had some great ideas in my head of music and plan to play with others to get them out. It's probably not my calling but it's definitely something for which I live.

Thanks to my great friends who definitely know who they are. I can't believe the overflow of support I've received in e-mails. It's overwhelming in an incredibly positive way. It was a great run...almost too much fun. Here's to the memories. Here's to Nick Joyce for sticking through something crazy us. He defines loyalty.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck, man. And thanks for the awesome music. Some of your songs got me through hard times, a bad break up. Specifically, "I'm about to live, the life you thought we'd live together. I said you'd leave you said you wouldn't I guess I knew you better."
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys were great! Face First too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awesome playing with you guys in LaCrosse, WI. It was a sick show for not having the other guitarist there, props. Best of luck in your future endevors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i heard of you on the himynameismark podcast a few years ago and stuck on your music since. the new cd was incredible. it was good seeing you guys in atlanta with valencia a few months back. i actually drove from 'Bama to that show. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fuck. i can't believe :( i'm from Poland and you guys were on of my favourite bands A Collection of Short Stories is one of my favourite records ever, my friend brought it for me from the United States. pleaaase Tom keep writing songs your lyrics are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I think I first heard of you guys when I was a junior in high school. I just graduated college! You put so much love into your music that I'm sure no matter what you decide to go onto, you'll put the same passion into that.

    Take care and good luck, Houston Calls will be missed <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. houston calls was one of my favorite bands....thank you for all the music you guys made. good luck with whatever you do in the future

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is horrible. both albums were amazing. you guys should really have been bigger than you were. i blame drive thru. and i blame them for your break up. when you guys came to salt lake just barely, you were selling burned copies of your cd! that's ridiculous on their part. fuck drive thru.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys will greatly be missed. Iowa City loves you guys. You guys had a huge impact on me. Even tattooed "Life Won't Wait" on my collar. Best of luck in whatever it is that you pursue Tom.

    ReplyDelete